Thursday, May 11, 2006

My Friendly Correspondence With Verizon.


Dear Verizon,

This email is to let you know that I am disgusted by your four-plus-year-old practice of handing over the private calling records of your customers to the Bush Administration and The National Security Agency in flagrant violation of the 1979 Foreign Intelligence Services Act.

As an American Company, you should be ashamed of yourselves-- The one thing that makes us different in this country is our freedom to express ourselves without the government casting a glance at our calling, reading, assembling or purchasing habits. In case you had forgotten that inconvenient little fact, allow me to furnish you with a small reminder:

Amendment IV, US Constitution:

'The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.'

Thanks so much, Verizon, for volunteering to violate the Fourth Amendment Rights of myself and all my fellow Americans. You should be very proud of yourselves.

I am currently a Verizon customer. My home phone service is handled by your company, as well as my high-speed DSL service. As far as I'm concerned, any contract we had together is nullified by your criminal practices.

I will be switching service providers effective immediately.

I sincerely hope your company suffers the backlash it deserves.

God Bless America,

Scott Wichmann

No comments: